Thank you for your enquiry regarding childcare at Pear Tree Nursery. Here are a few things you may like to know about us. If you would like any further information please contact the nursery manager.
We are a small private nursery in Haddington situated next to Haddington Infant School. We have been established as a nursery since 1990 and are registered to care for 56 children at any one time with 44 2 - 5s and 12 under 2s. We open from 7:30am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Pear Tree Nursery is run from a large detached stone built property, which was originally the head master's house for the infant school. The building is set over 2 floors with upstairs used solely for under 2s and the downstairs for the 2 - 5 age groups. We have a large completely enclosed garden which covers approximately half an acre and a large private car park to the side of our building.
Pear Tree Nursery Aims
Our Aims are:
- To provide a balanced, coherent, progressive learning environment that provides a varied and stimulating coverage of the 8 areas in the Curriculum for Excellence and the 4 areas of the Pre Birth To Three.
- To provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment designed to meet each child's individual needs in line with UNCRC and GIRFEC documents.
- To provide children with opportunities within their day for rest and play and to ensure continuity of care from home to nursery and between settings.
- To encourage children to form good relationships with their peers and adults, and foster good relationships with parents and other agencies.
- To provide suitable and sufficient resources within an attractive environment.
- To work effective as a team to promote staff development and progression within our setting.
- To support the children in becoming healthy individuals.
- To encourage parents to have an active role in the nursery being involved in the development and progression of the service and their child's individual progress.
- To promote independence, confidence, celebrate diversity and equal respect for everyone using our service.
- To provide an inclusive service where we strive to meet the needs of every individual.
- To follow the eco code designed by our stakeholders and continually work to improve our carbon footprint.
- To ensure all service users understand the importance of play in the development of the child and ensure we support all forms of play throughout our service.